What is IV therapy?
IV therapy is the process of injecting custom blended combinations of vitamins, minerals and amino acids directly into the bloodstream.
What are the benefits of IV therapy?
By injecting nutrients directly into the blood stream there is 100% absorption. This allows us to give larger doses of nutrients than can be taken in through diet and oral supplements and it means that you’ll usually start to feel better more quickly!
What conditions can be treated with IV therapy?
- Fatigue & low energy
- Adrenal Fatigue (burnout)
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome & Fibromyalgia
- Headaches & migraines
- Cold & Flu
- Digestive issues (IBS, Crohn’s, colitis)
- Athletic Performance & Recovery
- Post-surgical wound healing
- Vitamin & Nutrient deficiencies
What nutrients can be included in an IV treatment?
- Vitamins (such as B vitamins, vitamin B12, vitamin C, biotin, folic acid)
- Minerals (such as magnesium, calcium, zinc, selenium)
- Amino acids: (such as taurine and glutathione)
Can’t I just get my nutrients from my diet and oral supplements?
Ideally, we would all get sufficient nutrients through our diet alone. Unfortunately, a combination of factors including soil depletion, impaired absorption, and chronic disease can put us at increased risk for nutrient deficiencies. While diet and oral supplements can help to correct nutrient deficiencies, this can take several months and requires constant vigilance and dedication. IV therapy provides a safe, rapid way to replenish nutrient levels while complimenting a healthy diet and oral supplements.
Isn’t it dangerous to take too much vitamins and minerals?
All of the nutrients used in our IV treatments are water soluble meaning that they won’t accumulate to toxic levels. Your body will use what it needs and the kidneys will excrete any excess through the urine.
Choose from our Most Popular IV nutrient Treatments:
- Energy Booster: Our most popular IV treatment which contains a mixture of magnesium, calcium, and vitamins B and C.
- Sleepy Time: Get a good night’s sleep with this calming IV treatment including nature’s natural sleep aids calcium and magnesium.
- Immune Booster: Give your immune system a boost with a healthy dose of vitamin C, zinc, and selenium.
- Wound healer: Harness your body’s healing abilities by loading up on vitamin C, zinc, and glutathione.
- Gut Healer: Tame your tummy troubles with this digestive healing IV that includes healing nutrient such as vitamin C, zinc, and glutamine.
- Weekend Warrior: Boost your performance and reduce recovery time with this IV to help support your weekend activities.
- Stress Buster: Take a load off with this IV featuring stress-busting B vitamins and adrenal gland support.
- Glowing Skin: Give your skin the boost it needs with collagen building vitamin C, zinc, vitamin B5 and glutathione for added detoxification.
- Pain Reliever: A combination of vitamins and mineral including nature’s muscle relaxant magnesium.
- Migraine buster: Nip that migraine in the bud with this mixture of magnesium, taurine, and vitamin B12.
- The Mojo: Let a mix of testosterone boosters like zinc, arginine, selenium and magnesium give you a boost in the bedroom.
- Chill Out: Feel your worries melt away as you replenish your body with magnesium, calcium and B vitamins.
- Mane Advantage: Give your dull hair a boost with zinc, selenium, tyrosine, and biotin.
- Detoxifier: Clean up from the inside out with nature’s most powerful anti-oxidant glutathione.
- PMS Relief: Uplifting B vitamins calm your mood while magnesium eases your cramps.
How long does an IV treatment take?
As with all Naturopathic therapies, each treatment will be customized to meet the patient’s specific needs. IV treatments can take from 20 min to 2 hours depending on which nutrients are required. Patients will be informed of the length of their treatment prior to booking their appointment.
How much does IV therapy cost?
The cost of each session is between $120-$150 depending on the amount of nutrients given and the length of the treatment. A portion of the cost may be covered by health insurance plans.
How many sessions do I need?
The frequency of treatment varies depending on the health of the patient and the type of treatment they are receiving. Generally patients undergoing treatment will have weekly or bi-weekly treatments followed by monthly treatments for maintenance.
Does IV therapy hurt?
Dr. Vadeboncoeur has taken specialized training in IV therapy and has extensive experience in this area. Most patients find the treatments to be pain-free, comfortable and well tolerated. Dr. Vadeboncoeur ensures that her patients are comfortable during the entire treatment. You will be in a comfortable reclining chair while you can listen to music, read a book or magazine, have a cup of tea, or just close your eyes and relax. The treatment generally involves minimal discomfort and you can resume your activities immediately after.
How do I prepare for an IV treatment?
Please arrive for your treatment well hydrated and having eaten a meal or snack within 2 hours before your treatment. You are welcome to bring a book, tablet, or cell phone to use during your treatment. Telephone conversations are prohibited to ensure a relaxing environment for other patients receiving IV therapy.
Interested in learning more about IV therapy?
Book your free Meet & Greet consultation with Dr. Vadeboncoeur to see if IV therapy is right for you. Call (613)421-8591 or visit Docere Naturopathic Clinic + IV Lounge to book your free appointment.